These Are My Friends, My Pals, My Blogging Buddies!!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Will The Fat Lady Sing?

Yay!!!  I went for my check up last week and, for a reason I can't for the life of me figure out, I had lost 8 pounds in just a month!!  Not only was I in disbelief, but my doctor was almost in shock, I do believe. 
I have steadily gained for almost 3 years, ever since I survived the sudden cardiac death.  For some reason I began to gain weight when I used to drink milk shakes to try to gain because I was so skinny.  Well, let me tell you, almost three years and a lot of pounds later, I avoid milk shakes like the plague!  I underwent a huge personality change also and I am told that is quite common.  Thank goodness!  I was beginning to think part of me had not returned when I was shocked back, that a part of me remained and would not come back with the rest of me even when I "died" a second time on the way to the hospital ... no pulse, no heartbeat, no blood pressure, clinically and legally dead.   My kids were not given any hope and gathered in the chapel of the hospital.  I actually have no memory of any of it.  I only remember putting on my clothes one morning and the next thing I actually remember was days and days later when I slowly opened my eyes, to see my daughter sitting beside me in a hospital bed with tubes and things.  I had no clue what happened or how I got there.  I had been on life support and in intensive care and didn't know a thing about it!!!  I fooled everyone!  A cardiac death has a 5% survival rate, (only 5% are successfully shocked back to life). 
I will say my brothers must be right.  They both say I am tough as a pine knot!  I have twice been given not much of a chance to survive, but I am sure not going down easy!  I want to see my great grand children get married and that will be several years from now.  I just have too much to do to die, to put it bluntly!!!  I simply do not have the time.  I may get around to it one of these days when I have done all I would like to do.  I know that sounds a little presumptious, but I just refuse to accept what the doctors say and do not hesitate to tell them so!  I tell them I will out live them and I fully expect it to be true!!!
Now, the holidays are fast approaching and I am determined to keep off that 8 pounds plus lose more before I go back in January for my check up! 
I also am determined to cook up all the calorie laden goodies I can think of and eat my fair share of pumpkin pie, turkey, dressing, gravy and all the holiday cookies and candy I can force myself to prepare.  The only thing I can think of to keep that weight off and lose more, yet still eat myself silly, is to exercise like crazy in between bites and try to get in a good walk early every morning.  It is more and more difficult to walk, but I plan to make myself do it anyway.  I figure the more weight I take off the easier it will be.  I bet by summer I will be drinking those milk shakes again!
I plan to share some great  fattening recipes, that's for sure!  So if it is healthy eating you are looking for, you won't find it here.  I use loads of sugar and butter, fry everything instead of steaming as I once did.  I pile on the sour cream, the cheese, all the extras that contain the real calories!!
So we'll see how it goes the next couple of months, with me eating like a piglet and trying like a crazy woman to lose weight at the same time ... it just might work!  Boy, Dr Taylor will fall out of her chair if I have lost  more weight after the holiday season!  I fully expect to and can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees those scales!!!!!
Be sweet, eat all the candy you want and walk among the angels with a candy cane in each hand!!!

2 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Congrats on the weight lose! I do drink the milkshakes now to gain weight?? I may gain too much also, we will see?? Your holiday plans sound yummy. So happy that you survived!
kim

Loree said...

That's great that you lost weight. I am not much into healthy eating. I just love food which has cheese and cream and all the naughty stuff in it. And don't start me on about desserts ;)