These Are My Friends, My Pals, My Blogging Buddies!!

Friday, July 11, 2008

Fried Green Tomatoes

Sunday my son and daughter-in-law were at a barbecue with one of his co-workers, who lived in the country and had a garden. My son's friend gave him two sacksful of green tomatoes! Now, I have not had fried green tomatoes in years and I do dearly love them. He left them (quite by mistake) in my refrigerator and, guess what? They were every bit as delicious as I remembered them!
I plan on throwing in a few of my old fashioned recipes and the like. I love cooking the old way. I was raised on beans and cornbread. My mom canned everything in sight. She was just doing what her own mother did. My grandfather was half Indian and a lot of things they did was very interesting. I want my children to know where they came from, their roots. I am trying to get scrapbooks made for all of them for Christmas. I started these a few years ago, so when I finally get them done I will be one happy camper.
Talk to you soon---be sweet and be good!! Polly

No comments: