These Are My Friends, My Pals, My Blogging Buddies!!

Friday, October 29, 2010

October ATC Swap And Guess What, December's Theme is Angels!!!

As I have mentioned in the past I participate in a monthly ATC swap (Artist's Trading Card, for those unfamiliar with the term) at Blissfull ATC Swap.  Each month a different theme is chosen for the artist, along with a different swap partner.  It has been great fun.  I am thoroughly addicted to making the little cards!  It is such fun to start with nothing and, using only your imagination, to end up with such a tiny piece of art is so amazing.
The October theme was simply "dark".  Well, as you all are well aware, "dark" is definitely not my thing and it was extremely difficult to make a work of art that one would consider dark!!!  I actually made 2 or 3 and even thought about dropping out, but this very last week, I FINALLY did it!!!  (November has a theme of choice so that should be easy to do.)
Wendy, from Bliss Angels was my swap partner this month and the ATC I received from her was beautiful!!  It was a Gothic lady and just so gorgeous, I began to think my little sad girl was maybe not what the theme called for.  I had an email from her today that she had received it and loved it.  Thank goodness!!!!  I made a little envelope to hold it and had a devilish looking little character on that, since it is Halloween.  I hope I will one day be as talented as Wendy.  Her work is awesome!  I hope you will drop by her blog and take a look around and also the swap blog.  Who know, there just may be an artist out there waiting to happen and these tiny pieces of art could just be your thing!!!

The ATC and envelope I sent Wendy

This is the ATC I received from Wendy.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  You just can't see the real beauty!  It is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Be sweet, have a great weekend and a happy Halloween!!!

7 comments:

Aries said...

Lovely ATC card and happy Halloween to you too.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Beautiful! is what I can say...
kim

Angela said...

Great cards! You did an awesome job!
Angela

I Wonder Wye said...

Great cards! Love them both, but the little boy is so haunting -- appropriate! WE are both in AR...

cottonfieldfarm said...

Hello! I just wanted to stop by and say hello! I have enjoyed your blog, especially the one about the Blue Rose. Thank you for sharing such a lovely story. You have a gentle spirit and kind heart! My oldest daughter was perfectly healthy as far as we knew until her ninth year, when she was diagnosed with a brain tumor. She had surgery, but the tumor was inoperable, and she went downhill from there, losing her sight, speech, mobility, and was left with brain damage. It helped so much when people stopped to talk to her. She went to heaven on Oct. 31, 1987, at the age of
13. Thank you for sharing such beautiful stories! I will be following you on GFC and will grab your button. Would be honored if you followed back and grabbed my button too! God bless. See you soon. Regina

Aries said...

Hi Polly, I would like to forward an award to you. Love your site. Come over and claim it. Have a nice day to you.

Pellie / Penny said...

Hello Polly,
I am your partner for the November ATC swap, have sent you numerous e-mails - which must have automatically went to your junk mail box or some thing. - Please contact me.

Hugs,
Penny