These Are My Friends, My Pals, My Blogging Buddies!!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Awards and Gift in a Jar





I am posting these awards which should have been done as they were received by my good friends and blogging pals. I am the world's worst at this!! Forgive?
The awards were given to me by Sara of The Breathing Post and Loree of Stories and Scribbles. I loved receiving them and am so very honored. Loree and Sara have been there since the very beginning of my little ole' blog and I love and appreciate them and so much. Everyone needs an "atta boy" and a pat on the back now and then!! It lifts our spirits, encourages us to do more and better. I have so many sweet blogging buddies it is too difficult to choose some to pass these awards to, so I choose to pass them to all. If you are reading this, please post these awards on your blog, for they are for you.
Both Sara and Loree are amazing!! I love reading their blogs. It is like a visit with an old friend and I leave with a renewed zest for living and giving. If you have not stopped by, please do. You will be happy you did and I am sure you will drop in often as I do.

Now I want to give you another wonderful gift in a jar idea. These make great gifts, especially in a pinch. We usually have everything necessary already on hand, especially if we keep a few pretty jars or even some plain mason canning jars. Home made gifts are special anyway and most appreciate the thoughtfulness more than an expensive gift that they probably didn't need anyway. Keep a stash of pretty ribbon, cords, tags etc. You can decorate the jar and attach the directions any way you like. Make it your own. The recipient will adore you for such a special gift made just for them!

Cobbler Mix in a Jar

1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1 cup sugar

Blend ingredients in a small bowl and place in an airtight container.

ATTACH THIS TO THE JAR:

Berry Cobbler

4 cups blueberries or strawberries
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup sugar
1 jar Cobbler Mix
1 cup melted butter
1 egg

Mix together together berries with orange juice and sugar. Pour this
mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. In a separate bowl combine Cobbler
Mix with melted butter and egg. Mix till everything sticks together and
drop by spoonfuls over the top of the berry mixture. Bake at 375 degrees
for 35 - 45 minutes. Cool about 15 minutes, This will serve 8 to 10.

There we have it!!! An absolutely lovely delicious homemade cobbler.
Comfort food at its best, a lingering aroma throughout the whole house
and all from a little decorated container given by a friend!!!
Be sweet, loveys!!

No comments: