These Are My Friends, My Pals, My Blogging Buddies!!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Daughters Are A Mom's Best Friend


This is a scrapbook page I made of my daughter, Denny.  Her name is Melinda Denise, and she was the fourth child of four, the oldest being just four, so none of them could pronounce either Melinda or Denise!!   Their dad and I tried Melinda first and none of them could master that, so after about a week we decided Denise might be a little easier for them.  Her brothers and sister tried so hard, but the name of the new little one was a bit more than they could master.  She became simply "Sissy" until one day, they were gathered around, showing their new little sister to an aunt and out of the chaos, one word stood out ... "Denny"!!!  That did it.  She has been "Denny" from that moment on.  Even her drivers license has Denny on it, I believe.  Many of our own relatives don't have a clue it isn't her real name and have wondered aloud why on earth I would give a boy's name to such a cute, sweet little girl!!  I just smile, remembering ...Be sweet!

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

lovely girl! and what a treasure you've made....daughter and scrapbook page!

Polly said...

Thank you so much, Kirsten. I love scrapbooking pictures of my family. Each of my children is a treasure to me!! Thank you so, so much, Sweetheart.

XmasDolly said...

Oh yes they are! I have two best-friends & I love them both all the way around their heart as they use to tell me (& still do) when they were little. I see that you follow me, and I was wondering if you had some time to stop at my blog. I have something for you. THANKS.

Loree said...

Sweet memories ... have a nice week.

XmasDolly said...

Polly, Polly, Polly... Polly? Hmm Rhymes with Dolly... omg I must be tired. lol You didn't read it correctly. All three are yours baby girl! GO FOR THE GUSTO! LOL You deserve it! CONGRATS and have FUN with it! {{HUGS}}