These Are My Friends, My Pals, My Blogging Buddies!!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Childhood to Die For

Hi everyone! The holidays are almost over---only a few days till New Year's Day and 2009. I just now got used to writing 2008! I have lovely pictures of Brittany and Logan, Debye's children, and will post them soon. I would look at my pictures all day if I could. I want to share them with all of you

My brothers and I had a childhood to die for!! If angels had come to our house they would have felt right at home, for surely my mother was one of them! Our dad had a great big heart with a bear hug to match! We listened to "Stella Dallas" on the radio, played kick the can, let our imaginations run wild, trying to fly and hypnotize each other and whatever else we could think of! It was such a magical time. That is the only word that describes it. I will put some of Mom,s recipes in a post soon. She rarely used recipes---it was "a handful of this and a pinch of that". Somehow it all tasted so good. After I was married I went to Mom and Dad's almost every day and I always had to eat something she had made, even if it was just a cold biscuit. All my life I wanted to be just like my mother and, trying as hard as I could to be like her, I turned out exactly like my dad!!

1 comment:

Glynis Peters said...

Then your dad must have been a very lovely person too! I wish you well and look forward to seeing your photographs. My childhood and mother were a little different to yours sadly, but I tried to be a Mum that my children could relate to.
Keep writing as you did so well in 2008, 2009 will be your year!