These Are My Friends, My Pals, My Blogging Buddies!!

Friday, January 23, 2009

For Mitch, Love Never Ends


This is a difficult post to write.  This is Mitch, the child I hold in my heart.  The sweet memories are a priceless treasure.  I am grateful for the time God saw fit to give us.  I am so thankful, too, that He saw fit to give me other children to love.

When a child dies, a piece of who we are is gone but, this I know for sure---a part of Mitch lives on in all my children.  Though each child is a unique and special gift, with different talents, personalities, goals and ambitions, their lives all came from my life.  We are intertwined.  We are separate, yet we are one. 

Mitch had a knack for putting people at ease.  He was witty, had many friends and gave pleasure to those around him.  I talk to him often and sometimes end with, "Sweetheart, save the last dance for me!"

4 comments:

Glynis Peters said...

A beautiful tribute page. Polly, I am so glad you shared with us and feel for you, I do not know pain such as yours and hope I never will. x

Angi said...

Bless you for sharing. I've seen how the pain of losing a child tears at people. I pray that others who are hurting from the loss of a child find your post and it helps them heal.

Random WAHM Thoughts said...

that is both sweet and sad. thank you for sharing this. btw, i got an award for you at my page :)

love,

kaye

Unknown said...

There is no separation.
thanks for sharing.

I watched "Prayers for Bobby" last night. Very moving. There is nothing like a mother's love. It conquers all.