These Are My Friends, My Pals, My Blogging Buddies!!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chocolate Cherry Bars and a Tiny Chubby Cherub

All children and lots of us older children have a sweet tooth, a craving for just a bit of anything that has that touch of sweetness ... we know it's not good for us , but does little harm for a child or a grandma to have an occasional "something".  Doesn't seem to matter too much what it is, just as long as it is sweet!!!  This is a perfect little recipe for just such an occasion, when we can't go another day without that special little treat so loved by grandmas and little ones!!

This is perfection at its best:


Chocolate Cherry Bars
 
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cup graham crackers crumbs
14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
12-oz. pkg. milk chocolate chips
10-oz. jar maraschino cherries,
     drained and chopped
 
Spread the melted butter evenly in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.  Stir in the graham cracker crumbs.  Press down to form a crust.  Pour the condensed milk over the top.  Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and the chopped cherries.  Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.  Cool completely.  Slice into bars.  Makes about 2 dozen bars
 
These are wonderful as a special little treat.  The combination of the chocolate and cherries is sooo good!
 
Think I better check my pantry, hoping it doesn't look like Mother Hubbard's and maybe just whip up some of these guys!!
 
Oh, I went to see little Morgan yesterday and she is getting sweeter and prettier by the day!!  She is a perfect chubby little cherub!!!  Her mommy had put her in a tiny little red thingie with a strawberry on the front that said "I am berry sweet"..  Her little feet had white socks on them and except for the curl on top of her head, she looked like a tiny teenager ... She nuzzled around for a while making those little sounds, then settled down, became still and went fast asleep in my arms!!!  I love that little bitty girl so much!!  I can hardly wait till she is big enough to really play with me.  We will make the chocolate cherry bars, sit on the deck in the shade and eat our sweet treats.  We just will not tell her mommy because everyone knows that if grandmas let little girls have candy, great grandmas just can't be trusted!!!
 
Be sweet!!! 

2 comments:

Loree said...

I may have to make the chocolate cherry bars with my son. He loves to cook and make stuff and his favourite channel is the Food Network. Go figure!!

Glynis Peters said...

Mmm,both baby and choc bars sound lovely and delicious.